Friday, October 16, 2015

Spooky Break

I'm taking a short break from the Timber Quilt, which has progressed to a lot of completed sections:
And just four additional blocks before assembly into a top. However, since my new deadline for this quilt is Christmas, I'm paying attention to a long neglected small project for Halloween. 
I designed this to use up some cherished charm pack scraps of a Minnick & Simpson Halloween line. Everything else came from stash and my own scraps. I've pin basted for black buttonhole stitching/quilting and may bring the backing to the front to finish. I'm happily home from work this morning as my doctor is out of town today and Monday. 

After being sick and then out of town, not to mention the dang heat, there has been little sewing happening. Time to remedy that!


5 comments:

Kate said...

Love your Halloween project. It's very cute.

Janet O. said...

The Timber Quilt parts look really good. I'll bet you can use a break from it--it looks exacting!
What a very clever little Halloween piece. : )

Barb said...

Love your Halloween design

Browndirtcottage said...

What a cute Halloween project. I was going to do some kind of project too but it never got off the ground.

Yes, I think a break will be good. I think it helps in the long run. This looks tedious and lots of parts and thingies. It's going to be w-a-y cool though.

MARCIE said...

Your Halloween quilt is adorable! And your Timber Quilt is really cool! I'm glad I stopped by to see that!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...